Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Good Week in Books (1)





I think I’m going to make one of these posts every now and then, when I have a week where things just seem to go my way with YA books.
First, I bought myself a signed copy of John Green’s latest: The Fault in our Stars. Then I learned that Marissa Meyer was going to be signing books at my bookstore and my awesome coworkers made sure to save me a signed copy of Cinder!  I also purchased these amazing titles this week: Birthmarked by Caragh M. O’Brien, Hallowed by Cynthia Hand, Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey, Truth by Julia Karr.
And it gets better. I worked the Daniel Handler/ Maira Kalman book signing! I just reviewed their book: Why We Broke Up. And I have determined that Daniel Handler is one of the funniest people I have ever met. I can definitely see how he produced the Lemony Snicket books. But really, I was standing next to him the whole time he was doing the signing, and I think normally this would have been a hard job, but I was literally laughing and or smiling the whole time. I actually left work with my face hurting that night from laughing so much. And the two of them together made an amazing team. I got to see a power point presentation, and hear jokes about onion rings and dolls with real hair. And I loved seeing how enthusiastic their fans are. It was just such a fun night!
So, I also have a signed copy of Why We Broke Up, signed by both Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman. There are some great pictures from that night. And I even asked if I could put them on my blog, and they told me I could. This will just require me to find one of my coworkers on Facebook who is impossible to find. Though, I am not giving up. I will talk to her soon about spelling her name. I have a feeling I will update this again soon, with pictures.
These are the books I received from Netgalley in the past several days: This is not a Test by Courtney Summers, Supernatural Devices (A Steam punk Scarlet Novel) by Kailin Gow, Endure by Carrie Jones, and Partials by Dan Wells.
And then to top it all off, last night, I just won a DAC (Debut Author Challenge) contest from the Story Siren, for a free signed copy of Everything You Need to Survive the Apocalypse by Lucas Klauss. Thank you Kristi, for hosting the Debut Author Challenge! I’m so excited to read this one. If you want to know more about the DAC, click on my tab at the top called DAC 2012 or this link here: The Story Siren Debut Author Challenge.
Expect a lot of reviews soon, and hopefully some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment