Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Good Week in Books (26)


This week was a light week, but a great week. I received one book as a gift from a neighbor who is related to the author! She learned that I loved YA, and told me I absolutely had to read this book. It unfortunately came out around the same time as The Hunger Games, and I can easily see that being a problem for a book with this title; however, the description sounds very different and completely awesome too and I’m so excited to read it! And then I bought three books for myself online.

Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines (Thank you, Sandy!)
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (finally!)
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh (Been meaning to get this one for forever…)
Whispers at Moonrise by C. C. Hunter (!)

Side note: I have a couple of big giveaways coming up real soon (a fantasy one and one for my birthday). My birthday is October 21st! And as you can imagine, I buy a lot of books around the time of my birthday and because of this I need a lot more space. And more space means more books to giveaway. I’m giving away two fantasy books for the fantasy giveaway! And I’m giving away a surprise box of books for my birthday! So, come back soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love Lola and the Boy Next Door...more than Anna and the French Kiss! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your neighbor is more awesome than mine. :-p

    ReplyDelete