Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (29)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.

This week, I am waiting on School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins (5/14/13):

Description on Goodreads:
Fifteen-year-old Izzy Brannick was trained to fight monsters. For centuries, her family has hunted magical creatures. But when Izzy’s older sister vanishes without a trace while on a job, Izzy's mom decides they need to take a break.

Izzy and her mom move to a new town, but they soon discover it’s not as normal as it appears. A series of hauntings has been plaguing the local high school, and Izzy is determined to prove her worth and investigate. But assuming the guise of an average teenager is easier said than done. For a tough girl who's always been on her own, it’s strange to suddenly make friends and maybe even have a crush.

Can Izzy trust her new friends to help find the secret behind the hauntings before more people get hurt?

Rachel Hawkins' delightful spin-off brings the same wit and charm as the
New York Times best-selling Hex Hall series. Get ready for more magic, mystery and romance.
I had no idea there would be a spinoff series!!! I’m so excited for this one. I was not aware of her other series being over though…Hopefully it’s not over? Either way, I love this author’s characters, supernatural elements, and fun suspenseful plots! This book sounds really good. And I like how the cover reminds me of the covers from the other series. This like never happens, and I totally appreciate it.
What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome WoW! It was mine a whiles back haha. My reaction was: When I first saw the cover, I was like “WHO’S RIPPING OFF HEX HALL!?” than I actually read the title and description and was like “YESSSS! HEX HALL SPIN OFF! YAY BRANNICKS!”.

    Here's my WoW this week at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete