Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (39)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.

This week, I am waiting on The Elementals by Saundra Mitchell (6/4/13):

Description on Goodreads:
Kate Witherspoon has lived a bohemian life with her artist parents. In 1917, the new art form of the motion picture is changing entertainment—and Kate is determined to become a director.

Meanwhile, midwestern farm boy Julian Birch has inherited the wanderlust that fueled his parents’ adventures. A childhood bout with polio has left him crippled, but he refuses to let his disability define him.

Strangers driven by a shared vision, Kate and Julian set out separately for Los Angeles, the city of dreams. There, they each struggle to find their independence. When they finally meet, the teenage runaways realize their true magical legacy: the ability to triumph over death, and over time. But as their powerful parents before them learned, all magic comes with a price.
So, I have loved all of Saundra Mitchell’s books! I got to meet her once and this only made me love her books even more. I love that all her books are connected with this light inkling of magic, but that overall they can each work as complete standalone piece. The characters in this one sound so different and so interesting. And I cannot wait to get my hands on this. Also, it’s a slightly different (less girly) cover than I’m used to seeing by this author. And I love it.
What are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment