Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (41)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.

This week, I am waiting on The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen (6/4/13):

Description on Goodreads:
Luke is the perfect boyfriend: handsome, kind, fun. He and Emaline have been together all through high school in Colby, the beach town where they both grew up. But now, in the summer before college, Emaline wonders if perfect is good enough.

Enter Theo, a super-ambitious outsider, a New Yorker assisting on a documentary film about a reclusive local artist. Theo's sophisticated, exciting, and, best of all, he thinks Emaline is much too smart for Colby.

Emaline's mostly-absentee father, too, thinks Emaline should have a bigger life, and he's convinced that an Ivy League education is the only route to realizing her potential. Emaline is attracted to the bright future that Theo and her father promise. But she also clings to the deep roots of her loving mother, stepfather, and sisters. Can she ignore the pull of the happily familiar world of Colby?

Emaline wants the moon and more, but how can she balance where she comes from with where she's going?

Sarah Dessen's devoted fans will welcome this story of romance, yearning, and, finally, empowerment. It could only happen in the summer.
So, I have been reading this author since I was 13. And yes, she can be a bit formulaic. And yes, I always kind of know how her books will end, but I love these books. I love YA contemporaries that take place in summer. I love how much growing her characters all do in such short periods of times. And I love how relatable all these characters and their problems are. Also, I’m a sucker for the romance. This one comes out at the perfect time. I’m loving the cover. Her covers (old and new) always attracted me to them like magnets. I’m excited to see what more Dessen has to say.
What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I haven't read any of Sarah Dessen's books before, but I've heard a lot about them. Definitely adding this to my to-read list :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sarah Dessens' books! Can't wait to read this one, great pick :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeep, I am SO excited to read this! Sarah Dessen is my favorite author, and I've pretty much been counting down the days until the release of The Moon and More since I read What Happened to Goodbye. :D
    My WoW
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I just finished this about a week ago. Sarah Dessen just screams summer.
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete