Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (78)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Rivals in the City by Y.S. Lee (06/14):

Description (from Goodreads):
Convicted fraudster Henry Thorold is dying in prison, and the Agency asks Mary to take on one last case: to watch for the return of his estranged wife. Mrs Thorold is an accomplished criminal and will surely want to settle scores with Mary’s fiancĂ©, James. With the additional complications of family and conflicting loyalties, the stakes for all involved are higher than ever.
Why I’m Waiting
I’m always surprised at how few people know of these books! They are YA mystery gold. Seriously, fans of mysteries need to buy all of these books and re-read them over and over. Between the mysteries, the secret societies, Victorian London, the romance, and the drama, there is no dull moment. These books would make perfect masterpiece theater episodes. I know they would. I’m not sure how I’m feeling about the cover re-design yet, but I think it might grow on me. I just need this author to write more quickly!
What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. I love this series so much! I have read the three first books twice and never get tired of Mary and James adventure:-D I really can`t waite to read "Rivals in The City" in june. I agree with you. Those books would be great theater episodes:-)

    ReplyDelete