Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (79)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (05/27/14):

Description (from Goodreads):
Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him — must they journey to another world to find the chance? Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world changed in the sixth and last installment of the Mortal Instruments series!
Why I’m Waiting:
I am so hooked on these books. I’ve been reading Clare since I was a teenager myself. I know there are better stories out there, and better romances, but I love this story! I love this dark world filled with all kinds of supernatural creatures. I love the treaties, the politics, the fighting, and even the cheesy romance. But most of all, I love these characters. They feel like good friends. I have said before that I was upset when Clare kept writing this series. I thought the ending of book 3 would have been a wonderful series end. And then book 4 didn’t impress me. But, book 5 won me over. And I’ve been anxiously waiting for this final book for a long time. Is it May yet?
What are you waiting for this week?

2 comments:

  1. Yay, we have the same WoW this week! I really can't wait for this, it's going to be so epic. And we've stuck with the characters so long, I don't wanna say goodbye.
    Hope this one isn't as heartbreaking as I think it will be!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading these books since the very beginning! Yummy Jace! ;) The characters are so well-developed. I love them all like they are close friends as well!! I was screaming and jumping up and down when I found out she was continuing the series, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye yet! It's such a bittersweet feeling! Great pick Nori!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete