Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (84)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers (11/4/14):
 
Description (on Goodreads):
Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has.
Why I’m Waiting:
I think the more adequate question should be: why wouldn’t I be waiting? For some reason I remember always having slight trepidation in beginning these books. Maybe it’s something about the nuns that made it off-putting. I don’t know. However, all doubts are vanquished after page 1. And now I have no doubts at all. LaFevers has proven herself to be a great YA writer. And I’m so curious to read about Annith’s adventure. I have a feeling too that more will be learned about the nuns going dark side in this one because Annith has the most experience with everyone. Also, there’s all the seer stuff, so this one promises to be more supernatural. I am beyond looking forward to some supernatural elements to this story. Also, I of course can’t wait for certain cameos of past main characters.
What are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment