Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (128)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout (6/9/15):
 
Description on Goodreads:
A teen escapes to a boarding school abroad and falls for a Korean pop star in this fun and fresh romantic novel in the vein of Anna and the French Kiss.

Grace Wilde is running—from the multi-million dollar mansion her record producer father bought, the famous older brother who’s topped the country music charts five years in a row, and the mother who blames her for her brother’s breakdown. Grace escapes to the farthest place from home she can think of, a boarding school in Korea, hoping for a fresh start.

She wants nothing to do with music, but when her roommate Sophie’s twin brother Jason turns out to be the newest Korean pop music superstar, Grace is thrust back into the world of fame. She can't stand Jason, whose celebrity status is only outmatched by his oversized ego, but they form a tenuous alliance for the sake of her friendship with Sophie. As the months go by and Grace adjusts to her new life in Korea, even she can't deny the sparks flying between her and the KPOP idol.

Soon, Grace realizes that her feelings for Jason threaten her promise to herself that she'll leave behind the music industry that destroyed her family. But can Grace ignore her attraction to Jason and her undeniable pull of the music she was born to write? Sweet, fun, and romantic, this young adult novel explores what it means to experience first love and discover who you really are in the process.
Why I’m Waiting:
Look how adorable the cover is! The cover grabbed my attention. Then, I read what it was about, and my attention is not letting go. This sounds like a fun romantic comedy. It sounds like it might get a bit cheesy with the drama, but sometimes a girl wants something bit cheesy with the drama. I also love that it takes place in Korea and involves a type music I don’t believe I’ve ever seen in YA before. All in all, this sounds like a ton of fun.
What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. I saw this one the other day and it looks like fun! I do love the title as well. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so cute and fun, I'm definitely looking forward to reading it! I think I need it! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete