Thursday, May 7, 2015

Ms Marvel Volume 2: Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson


Summary (from Goodreads):
Who is the Inventor, and what does he want with the all-new Ms. Marvel and all her friends? Maybe Wolverine can help! Kamala may be fan-girling out when her favorite (okay maybe Top Five) super hero shows up, but that won't stop her from protecting her hometown. Then, Kamala crosses paths with Inhumanity for the first time - by meeting the royal dog, Lockjaw! Every girl wants a puppy, but this one may be too much of a handful, even for a super hero with embiggening powers. But why is Lockjaw really with Kamala? As Ms. Marvel discovers more about her past, the Inventor continues to threaten her future. The fan-favorite, critically acclaimed, amazing new series continues as Kamala Khan proves why she's the best (and most adorable) new super hero there is!
Review:
I literally read this in one sitting. There was never a good moment to put it down. I loved volume 1 and as soon as I heard this was out, I knew I had to get my hands on it. There’s just something amazing about a teen Muslim girl superhero learning her powers, fighting evil, and surviving the ordinary family/school/romance problems of any teen. I kind of wish this was a tv show that I could watch on a weekly basis. I liked this second volume even more than the first.
Add a giant/human sized, teleporting bulldog, an extensive Wolverine cameo, some outer space travel/aid, a bad guy shaped as a bird, a whole generation of teenagers needing a rescue from sacrificing themselves, and some crazy cool and better practiced super powers to the mix of the already great setup of volume 1, and can you see why I never put this down?
I like that Kamala has people in her ordinary life that tell her not to stop doing what she is doing, but to get advice and do what she is doing to the best of her ability. I 100% loved the dog. I want one. Also, I love think the whole concept of what the Inventor was doing to be so fascinating, and not really something I’ve seen before.
I want more! I just checked to see when Volume 3 comes out, and it’s relatively soon. Thank goodness. But still. This would make for an awesome tv series. Any way, I loved this book. I give it a 10/10. I recommend it to all graphic novel and comic book fans. Even if you’re not a big graphic novel/comic book reader, but you like YA novels with strong female leads, you’ll also like this one. Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment