Monday, June 1, 2015

A Good Week in Books (108) -BEA 2015 Edition



I’m not sure a better week in books exists, at least for me. I went to BEA again this year. And well, I feel like I brought home all of BEA with me.
I was really impressed this year. I feel like the staff/authors/exhibitors/etc. have slowly been learning more and more what works and what doesn’t. And I was genuinely and happily pleased by the level of organization this year. I was  blown away by the authors in attendance. And I was even more blown away by the people I bumped into and got to see again at the conference.
Some of the coolest people/bloggers were there and I sometimes feel like even more of a book nerd in their presence than in authors’. I got to go with my friend and newbie blogger, Emma (testybadger), and it was so much fun introducing her to this part of the conference. Really, BEA is one giant networking tool of awesome and I feel so lucky to have been able to go for so many years in a row. I always bring a book along with me in case I need it while waiting in line. But, there are always such cool people to talk to in line that I barely read it.
The books I picked up:


Some books are going directly to my library. Some have already been mentally divvied up for a few select/amazing friends. And some are going to the boyfriend.
The master list:
Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan
After the Red Rain by Barry Lyga, Peter Facinelli, and Robert DeFranco (signed)
365 Days of Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Voyagers: Project Alpha by D.J. MacHale
The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz (signed)
The Doldrums by Nicholas Gannon
Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead (singed)
The Marvels by Brian Selznick
Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith (signed)
Sunny Side Up by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm
Fairest by Marrisa Meyer (signed)
Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (signed)
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
City Love by Susane Colasanti (signed)
Kissing Ted Callahan (and other guys) by Amy Spalding (signed)
Soundless by Richelle Mead (signed)
Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate (signed)
Another Day by David Levithan (signed)
Tonight the Streets are Ours
by Leila Sales (signed)
Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy (signed)
Beastly Bones by William Ritter
Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan, and Deborah Biancotti
The Anatomy of Curiosity by Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, and Brenna Yovanoff (signed)
Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa
We’ll Never be Apart by Emiko Jean
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
Awake by Natasha Preston
The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss by Max Wirestone
Juniors by Kaui Hart Hemmings
The Blackthorn key by Kevin Sands (signed)
Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul (signed)
Anton and Cecil Cats on Track by Lisa Martin and Valerie Martin
Uprooted by Lynne Reid Banks
Stone Rider by David Hofmey
The Tale of Less Valued Knights by Marie Phillips
The Ables by Jeremy Scott
Unlovely by Celeste Conway
Sweet Goodness: Unbelievably Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes by Patricia Green and Carolyn Hemming
The Scorch Trials Official Graphic Novel by James Dashner
The Golden Compass The Graphic Novel Volume 1 by Philip Pullman
Max the Brave by Ed Vere
Zen Socks by Jon J Muth
Friendshape by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld
Miss Todd and her Wonderful Flying Machine by Frances Poletti And Kristina Yee (signed)
8 An Animal Alphabet by Elisha Cooper (signed)
Max Ride First Flight Preview by James Patterson
Star Wars Previews
by Aaron, Cassaday, and Martin
Fatale by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips
Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
Low by Remender and Tocchini
Revival by Seeley and Norton
Velvet by Brubaker and Epting

Here are a few photos of the fun. The one where I’m making an exceptionally awkward facial expression is me behind a cut-out of the character Jackaby. I just had to. The other one of me is more charming; it’s me after finally getting to sit down after a long day of lugging books. The conversation happening is between Libba Bray and Barry Lyga when they came to the Librarian’s Lounge just to have a book discussion with librarians. I was in the front row, inches from Libba (my favorite author)!





How was your week in books?

2 comments:

  1. Someday I am going to be able to go to BEA, too. Someday. So many great books! Most of these titles are my mostly anticipated especially Lair of Dreams and Illuminae. Great pictures, by the way :)

    You have a lot of reading to do. Haha. Have a great one!

    Haraiah @ Random Things In Action

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO GOOD to get to chat with you again Nori!! And I'm glad that you also had such an amazing time at BEA again this year :D I found the event to be much improved in terms of organization this year too and SO.MANY.GOOD.BOOKS!! Gah! Lovely pictures too^^ Happy reading ♥

    ReplyDelete