Monday, August 3, 2015

A Good Week in Books (114)


I had a nice week in books. But, I’ve had an interesting couple of weeks in general. There was one week in July where I was MIA and I wish I could say it was because I went on vacation. Instead, it’s because I had an emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. I couldn’t blog, or do much reading for a week or so. I did bring up my audiobooks from the car and that helped a lot. I’m all good now. Apparently, we don’t need gallbladders, so no big loss.  I went back to work last week, just in time for our big Harry Potter Birthday Party. This is me decked out and ready to celebrate:

We had edible potion making, a coloring/crossword/sorting quiz station, guess how many jelly beans in jar game, birthday cake, and we watched the first movie. It was a great time.

And I was good enough this past weekend to make it to Boston Comic Con. I have a few pictures to share. I'm a big Wonder Woman fan.

These are some geeky prints I picked up. I’m a big Miyazaki fan so I loved the poster that’s a homage to him. Also, how cool is the Hogwarts Express poster? And I picked up such a fun, candid photo from The Walking Dead set (I’m a big fan of that show too.) Also, so much Sirius love.

I went to the con with my wonderful boyfriend, who picked up these goodies for me. I’m so lucky to have a boyfriend who spots the booth selling Harry Potter jewelry and then says he wants to buy me some. Also, when I was too tired to geek out any more and went to sit down for the last bit of the con, my boyfriend found me a Wonder Woman Lego mini figure. He’s the best.

These are the books I got this week. The two comics are also from the boyfriend. He gave me his copy of the The Walking Dead graphic novel, so I could have Tony Moore sign it! And I’m a big Arrow fan. I’m feeling spoiled. Also, I got two new books to review courtesy of Macmillan.
 How to Say I Love You Out Loud by Karole Cozzo
Public Enemies by Ann Aguirre
The Walking Dead Volume 1: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirman and Tony Moore
Green Arrow Year One Special Edition
How was your week in books?

1 comment:

  1. Boo, it ate my original comment!

    Anyway, I am so, so sorry that it took you longer than the two day window to heal up, but I'm so glad you're back on your feet!

    I love your HP jewelry and the rest of your loot.

    I didn't realize you guys were doing an HP birthday party. We do HP camp every year at my current library, and I totally could've given you some ideas. We really do need to start that programming blog one of these days...

    ReplyDelete