Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (156)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden (11/17/15):

Description on Goodreads:
Seven girls tied by time.
Five powers that bind.
One curse to lock the horror away.
One attic to keep the monsters at bay.

**

After the storm of the century rips apart New Orleans, sixteen-year-old Adele Le Moyne wants nothing more than her now silent city to return to normal. But with home resembling a war zone, a parish-wide curfew, and mysterious new faces lurking in the abandoned French Quarter, normal needs a new definition.

As the city murder rate soars, Adele finds herself tangled in a web of magic that weaves back to her own ancestors. Caught in a hurricane of myths and monsters, who can she trust when everyone has a secret and keeping them can mean life or death? Unless . . . you’re immortal.
Why I’m Waiting:
I just recently returned from an amazing vacation in New Orleans, where I first learned the myth of the casket girls, on a ghost tour! I wasn’t sure how much fun I’d have on the ghost tour. But seriously, it was a lot of fun. It was a lot of history and facts about the buildings I’d already walked past in the French Quarter. I learned a lot on that tour. And I found the story of the casket girls to be particularly interesting. So, I was super excited to see a YA novel that talked about them. Good timing. Also, I think New Orleans would make the perfect, spooky setting for a YA book.
What are you waiting on this week?

5 comments:

  1. I am very intrigued by this one, have been seeing it around a lot lately! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got an e-arc of this from netgalley and I am excited to read it - it sounds so perfect for Halloween! Great pick!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/wednesday-catch-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I need to look up the myth of the casket girls. I just got this ARC and I'm very intrigued by it. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an ARC of this and was unaware it was an actual myth. Will have to look that up. Hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOLA! I've not heard of this book, to be honest. But it sounds intriguing! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Nori :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete