Monday, January 4, 2016

A Good week in Books (126)



Happy New Year everyone!
I read above and beyond both my reading challenges of the year. I wanted to read 80 books, and I read 90. I also wanted to re-read 15 books, and I re-read 17. I set a new goal for this year to read 90 books. And for the first time, possibly since I started blogging, I don’t think I’m going to set another goal and just read more of what I want to be reading. I want to read more middle grade, more graphic novels, and more excellent YA, and I think I will accomplish this without a bonus challenge.
What are your challenges?
I also have the world’s sweetest boyfriend. If you follow my blog, you read that I left my much-loved signed copy of Sword of Summer on my plane in Boston. I was in the middle of it, too! It was really just one of those awful, delayed, miserable flying experiences everyone seems to have lately. I was so happy to have finally made it home that I somehow left my treasured book behind.  I filled out a lost item form and even talked to live people about it at the airport, but I knew it was gone. I get weekly emails from the airline saying they are still looking… Any way, my sweet boyfriend found a signed copy on eBay and surprised me with it this weekend! How sweet is he? I also got one book for review. Thank you, Hyperion.

The Sword of Summer
by Rick Riordan
Starflight by Melissa Landers
How was your week in books?

1 comment:

  1. Ok so first of all? Best boyfriend EVER! Oh I'm so happy for you that you were able to get such a treasured book replaced :D Also: congrats on surpassing your bookish goals for 2015 - wishing you all the best bookish and otherwise for 2016 ♥♥

    ReplyDelete