Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (179)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter (8/23/16):



Description on Goodreads:
Jenny Cavanaugh, the ghostly landlord of 826 Augur Lane, has enlisted the services of her detective-agency tenants to solve a decade-old murder--her own. Abigail Rook and her eccentric employer, R. F. Jackaby, dive into the cold case, starting with a search for Jenny’s fiancĂ©, who went missing the night she died. But when a new, gruesome murder closely mirrors the events of ten years prior, Abigail and Jackaby realize that Jenny’s case isn’t so cold after all, and her killer may be far more dangerous than they suspected.

Fantasy and folklore mix with mad science as Abigail’s race to unravel the mystery leads her across the cold cobblestones of nineteenth-century New England, down to the mythical underworld, and deep into her colleagues’ grim histories to battle the most deadly foe she has ever faced.
Why I’m Waiting:
These books are amazing. Seriously, I wish they had a little more hype. They are well written, witty, smart, and full of supernatural mystery.  The characters are fantastic. I cannot wait to continue on with this fantastic series. Also, I love this cover and how cohesive it is with the rest of the series.
What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure I've seen this book around somewhere...
    Is this part of the series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know this one had a cover yet. I really like the cover and the synopsis sounds great - too bad I haven't read the other two yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I like the time period for this story.

    ReplyDelete