Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (195)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken (1/3/17):
 

Description on Goodreads:
All Etta Spencer wanted was to make her violin debut when she was thrust into a treacherous world where the struggle for power could alter history. After losing the one thing that would have allowed her to protect the Timeline, and the one person worth fighting for, Etta awakens alone in an unknown place and time, exposed to the threat of the two groups who would rather see her dead than succeed. When help arrives, it comes from the last person Etta ever expected—Julian Ironwood, the Grand Master’s heir who has long been presumed dead, and whose dangerous alliance with a man from Etta’s past could put them both at risk.

Meanwhile, Nicholas and Sophia are racing through time in order to locate Etta and the missing astrolabe with Ironwood travelers hot on their trail. They cross paths with a mercenary-for-hire, a cheeky girl named Li Min who quickly develops a flirtation with Sophia. But as the three of them attempt to evade their pursuers, Nicholas soon realizes that one of his companions may have ulterior motives.

As Etta and Nicholas fight to make their way back to one another, from Imperial Russia to the Vatican catacombs, time is rapidly shifting and changing into something unrecognizable… and might just run out on both of them.
Why I’m Waiting:
I only recently finished the first book: Passenger, and I loved it. Also, I could not possibly understand how anyone could finish that first book and not need the second as soon as humanly possible. That ending was nuts. Nuts!  I love a good time travel book, and this did not disappoint. I like how the book tackled things like race and gender in regards to time travel. Basically, it was not easy for someone not white or male to go back in time. I love the romance and the adventure. And there’s so much I still need to know about Etta’s history. So much.
What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. I still need to get my hands on Passenger! Hopefully soon... :)

    My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad to say that Passenger was a DNF for me, but I hope you get Wayfarer ASAP!

    I'm a new follower :0
    Here's my pick for the week :)
    Here is a link to my blogoversary giveaway as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still NEED to read my copy of Passenger! I adore the cover for this new one though - wow! I'm hoping to get to book 1 soon-ish :)

    ReplyDelete