Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (223)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on The Book of Dust by Philip Pullman (10/19/2017):
 
Description on Goodreads:
Philip Pullman returns to the world of His Dark Materials with this magnificent new novel, set ten years before Northern Lights and featuring his much-loved character, Lyra Belacqua.
Why I’m Waiting:
I would not be the reader, writer, or blogger I am today if not for Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy. I even dressed as the book The Amber Spyglass one year for Halloween. I could not contain my excitement when more information was released on his new books in the series last week. I’m both excited beyond what a normal person can feel excited for, and a little hesitant. I loved the sad ending of the The Amber Spyglass. It’s hard to picture anything after that ending. I know The Book of Dust will be more of a prequel, but Pullman has said that he will continue to write after the events of The Amber Spyglass.  And The Book of Dust is only book 1! There will be two more! Ahhh.
What are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment