Monday, July 31, 2017

A Good Week in Books (167)


I had a nice, little book week. I finished the fantasy novel I was reading. I finished my sci-fi audio book I was listening to. And I read a new contemporary book also. I had an extremely busy week at work. I stayed late Tuesday night to go to an author talk/signing. I got to meet the lovely Lauren Wolk (again). I also purchased a new copy of her latest book to have signed. And Friday, my library had a Harry Potter birthday party again. I had tons of happy Harry Potter fans show up to concoct edible potions, create Harry Potter themed origami bookmarks, take sorting quizzes, guess the amount of jelly beans in the jar, color Harry Potter coloring books, eat Harry Potter cake, and re-watch the first movie. It was a super good time.
Today is actually Harry’s real birthday. So, happy birthday, Harry!! May you inspire children, teens, and adults the world over to read!
My new book:


The cake and my outfit for the occasion:


How was your week in books?

1 comment: